Ballotpedia recently reported that during the 2022 election cycle so far, North Carolina Republican statewide candidates and officeholders have spent $1.6 million. But the top spender among them was none other than Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson. Notably, 2022 is not an election year for Robinson.
Robinson raised $3.6 million and spent $1.5 million between Jan. 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022. Of the $1.5 million Robinson has spent this year, $1.3 million went to the following ten groups:
- $429,373 to Conservative Connections
- $292,564 to Whillier Group Inc
- $122,669 to J Books Services Inc
- $88,607 to Southwest Publishing & Mailing
- $64,536 to America Direct Inc
- $63,014 to Response America LLC
- $61,087 to Anedot Inc
- $55,634 to Winred Technical Services LLC
- $51,606 to G-Plex Direct Mail
- $44,077 to Capitol Hill Lists LLC
Robinson has hinted in the past at a potential run for North Carolina Governor in 2024 and apparently mulled the idea over in his forthcoming memoir. In his memoir, Robinson also revealed that he wants to remove science and history from the elementary school grade curriculum should he be elected Governor.
It seems that Robinson is unaffected by the ever-present bad press he’s brought to our state; his spending during this election cycle further confirms that the Republican is gearing up for the 2024 race.